Thursday, April 12, 2012

CABBAGE PAKODA

Hi All,

I am back. Have been so caught up in the last month with my Daughter's first B'day and other stuff that I just didn't find any time to try something new and share it here.

Moving on, cabbage is one vegetable which has very limited options and I am always confused on what to make with this large ball of leaves.It is my least favorite vegetable (My parents would swear by that) and I guess its the least favorite for many others especially children who run away at the sight of any veggies anyway leave alone cabbage. So, I had some cabbage left and was wondering what to do when thought of this recipe. So, here it goes

SIMPLE CABBAGE PAKODA

INGREDIENTS

CHICKPEA FLOUR/BESAN/KADALAI MAAVU: 1 CUP
RICE FLOUR: 1/2 CUP
CABBAGE: 2 CUPS FINELY CHOPPED
ONION: 1 BIG OR 2 SMALL: FINELY CHOPPED
GINGER AND GARLIC: 1 TSP (PASTE) OR 2 TSP FINELY CHOPPED
GREEN CHILLIES: 3 CHOPPED
RED CHILLI POWDER; 1/2 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER
SALT AND OIL AS REQUIRED

Cabbage Pakoda


MAKING

Mix both the Flours together with salt and all the ingredients mentioned above. Mix them thoroughly with 1/2 cup hot oil and little bit of water if needed. Make sure the mixture doesn't stick in your hands but is loose but at the same time well mixed just like the other pakodas we make.

Heat oil in a kadai, once its hot, fry the pakoda mixture and your hot Cabbage Pakodas are ready to eat. Serve them with Tomato sauce or Green chutney. Believe me, its really good. The reason we add the other ingredients is to take away the taste of cabbage which many of us I assume, dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews