Monday, May 14, 2012

CORIANDER PESTO SAUCE

Hi All,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. So, I decided to make Pesto sauce only to find out that I pretty much didn't have any of the ingredients needed. For those who don't know, Pesto is a chutney or sauce which is made primarily with Basil leaves, Pine nuts, Cheese, Garlic etc. I was so determined to make pesto that I did my own take on it and came up with a Coriander Pesto. Unsure of the outcome made it more exciting and fun. In the end, it turned out perfect and delicious. We spread it over a grilled cheese sandwich and it was just way too good. So here it goes, my own version of pesto sauce which I am going to call....

CORIANDER PESTO SAUCE

CORIANDER LEAVES: 1 CUP OR 1/2  BUNCH
WALNUT: 4-5
GARLIC: 2 CLOVES
CHEESE: ANY WHITE CHEESE (I used plain cream cheese)
SALT and SUGAR
OLIVE OIL (OPTIONAL)



CORIANDER PESTO SAUCE

MAKING

Grind fresh Coriander leaves, Garlic, Walnuts, Cheese with Salt  and Sugar (1/2 tsp) into a fine paste. You can add Olive Oil for additional taste if needed. Otherwise, your coriander pesto Sauce is ready to serve. Spread it on a sandwich and that's it !

TIPS AND VARIATIONS

You can use Romano Cheese or Parmesan cheese for the Sauce. You could also use Pine Nuts instead of walnuts. You could add Olive oil for added Flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews