Wednesday, June 10, 2020

KEERAI MOLAGOOTAL (Spinach Dal)

Hi All,

This recipe is my favorite as I just love it. I always thought my mother's Keerai Molagootal is the best I have ever eaten and I still stick to it. I have learned this from her and am glad that my kids love it too. It's a traditional recipe from the state of Kerala. So here it goes...

KEERAI MOLAGOOTAL

INGREDIENTS

SPINACH : 3 cups Chopped
TOOR DAL: 1 cup boiled in the cooker
COCONUT: 1/4th cup shredded
RED CHILLIS: 2
JEERA: !-2 Tsp
URAD DAL: 1 TBSP
COCONUT OIL FOR SEASONING
SALT AS REQUIRED
MUSTARD SEEDS: 1 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER: A pinch or two

                         
Keerai Molagootal ( Spinach Dal)


MAKING

Boil the Spinach/ Keerai with required salt and Turmeric powder and little bit of water. Meanwhile, keep the Toor dal in the cooker and allow 3 whistles or until the dal is fully cooked. Dry roast 2 Tsp of Urad Dal until it turns golden brown and keep aside to cool. Grind the coconut, Red Chilis, Jeera, and the roasted Urad Dal and grind them into a nice paste in a blender. Now all you have to do is add the cooked Toor dal and the coconut paste to the boiled spinach and boil it for another 5 minutes. For seasoning, in a pan, add mustard seeds, 1 tsp Urad dal in 1-2 Tsp of coconut oil. Once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add it to the Molagootal and that's it, delicious Keerai Molagootal is ready. Serve it with cooked rice and for the side, any pickle / thogayal / pachadi would work







No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews