Saturday, July 18, 2020

Eggless Pudding Cake with Sugar Syrup

Hi all, this recipe is again from my son's kitchen. He made it looking at a recipe from a book and I was amazed at how perfectly it came out. I have always made cakes with eggs as I personally believe, cakes come out great with eggs in it but I was proved wrong with this cake and I am very happy about it. This cake that my son made was the best and makes me so proud as a mother.

INGREDIENTS

PUDDING CAKE
All-Purpose Flour: 1 cup
Butter: 2 Tbsp Melted
Brown Sugar: 1/2 cup
Baking Powder: 1 Tsp
Salt: 1/2 Tsp
Milk: 1/2 cup
Chopped Nuts

SAUCE

Brown Sugar: 1 cup
All-purpose Flour: 1 Tbsp
Butter: 2 Tbsp Melted
Salt: 1/4th Tsp
2 Cups boiling water

Pudding Cake with Sugar Sauce
EGGLESS PUDDING CAKE



MAKING

First, mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. You will end up with a sugar sauce liquid.

Now for the cake, in a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until well blended. it will be wet and coarse, it should have a liquid consistency. Next, add the flour, baking powder, salt to the butter mixture adding enough milk to get the required batter consistency. and mix it well. Pour it into a baking dish, add the chopped nuts on top and bake at 350 degrees F, for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.

Delicious pudding cake is ready to eat. Slice it up and add the brown sugar sauce on top until the cake absorbs all the sauce. It adds a delicious flavor to it.

TIPS/VARIATIONS

I was amazed by the flavor of this cake, the brown sugar and butter give it such a delightful taste. I added chopped nuts like pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and used it as a garnish on top of the batter before placing it in the oven.

The best part for me was that it did not use any egg or yeast.

You could prepare a bigger batch by doubling the measurement of ingredients.

You could also add bananas and make it a banana cake (which I did)  or you could add orange zest to it and make it orange flavored. Basically, this cake could be used as a blank canvas and you could make it your own.






3 comments:

Total Pageviews